[NSRCA-discussion] Off topic

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 07:04:09 AKST 2007

- Not just for youngsters.... the current ones have up to 80 gb storage available...!

 You can connect your iPod to iTunes (free download of some stuff) or other sources to:
 - buy music/ video/audiobooks,
 download freebies like Podcasts (i.e. recorded radio programs, blogs, etc) on a number of topics .
- copy CDs (and DVD's??) onto it from your computer.

You can watch movies / videos on the iPod screen
You can listen via
 - headset - hundreds available
 -  your car stereo via Fm or cassette adapter - hundreds available
 - auditorium sound system or home stereo system with a simple wire adapter (Radio shack for one has that)

You can use it as a remote file storage system for computer files.

As Jim mentions, you can create playlists of songs - for Christmas, you favorite driving songs, what your groups will perform next... and iPod will play back the songs in the order listed .

...you could even probly uses it to store next year's Pattern sequence for practice usage, though the timing of the calls might get sketchy...

Hope this helps -
Rick > Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:45:13 -0500> From: jim.woodward at baesystems.com> To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Off topic> > Someone please feel free to add in - IPOD is the trade name for an Apple> product that initially played .MP3 music digital files. Thus, in order> to use an IPOD otherwise called an MP3 player, you must first be able to> download music (need computer). These devices essentially replace the> 'Walkman' of years past which used either cassette tapes or CD's.> > These MP3 players can be loaded with hundreds or a thousand songs and> "scanned" through to get to what you want to hear. The "playlist" is> changeable at your leisure and I'm sure there are like a million songs> available for download. The devices are also typically small and thin,> which fit in pockets and such. Interesting though is that some company> developed a "song" which actually vibrates the IPOD too.... :) > > Thanks,> Jim W.> > > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.> > -----Original Message-----> > From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org> [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Ron Van> Putte> Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 10:37 AM> To: NSRCA Mailing List> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Off topic> > I don't know about anybody else, but I'd be interested in the > answer. i.e. - What do they do?, How do they work?, What is the > "subscription fee"? Do they work with anything else? Why do I want/ > need one?> > Ron (another old guy)> > On Dec 10, 2007, at 8:53 AM, John Konneker wrote:> > > I hate to ask this on the list but I'm about as "square as a box" > > as my two daughters would say.> > Please reply off list.> > Is there anyone that can tell me in "old guy" terms about IPod's?> > I'm thinking about getting one for my youngest.> > Thanks!> > And once again sorry for the off topic question.> > John L. Konneker> > _______________________________________________> > NSRCA-discussion mailing list> > NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> > http://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion> > _______________________________________________> NSRCA-discussion mailing list> NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> http://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion> _______________________________________________> NSRCA-discussion mailing list> NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> http://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion