[NSRCA-discussion] Question - Hyde Mount Firm Idle MKIII Type C (Doesn't require a Nose Ring)

Dennis Bodary d_bodary at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 19:05:43 AKST 2007

Larry i have been using a Hyde c type mount in my Tojerio with a OS140RX for over three hundred flights. It does cut down on the vibration. Not as much as The ARIA i had on my Focus II but at 65 bucks versus 220 bucks. It still works fairly well at dampening alot of the vibration. Say hi to Lisa for me I'm sure she's still better looking than you.

  Dennis

Lisa & Larry <lld613 at psci.net> wrote:
                I’m thinking about using an Extra 330 to test radio and engine equipment, what I would call a disposable plane
That just doesn’t sound good
 It will be a sport flier for the most part, but will house my back up 140DZ.

  The plane is designed for a 140 2-stroke and weighs about 10 pounds. However, the quality isn’t
let say
to my preferred level. It will be with a few minor adjustments
However, it was very low cost for an ARF this size.

  Question
 I’m thinking of using the Hyde Mount Firm Idle MKIII Type C in this plane. I don’t want to spend a lot for a mount if I don’t have to for this plane. I know I won’t use anything less for an engine mount as the DZ will beat it to death.

  Any thoughts
good / bad / ok

  Larry