[NSRCA-discussion] Are we behind the times?

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 09:37:14 AKDT 2007

There is a thread on RCU under the "Classic Pattern Flying" forum about the
team selection in 1972.  Way back then they were posting real time scores of
pilots as they flew - apparently they had a "reporter" that looked over the
judges shoulders as they scored each maneuver and then radioed them to
someone that posted/wrote the scores of each maneuver as they were flown
onto a poster size scoresheet attached to a board.

With the technology available to us today I would love to see this at future
contests - can you just imagine all the "oohhhss and aahhhs" from the
spectators.  :)