[NSRCA-discussion] A bit of nostalgia and BPA

nathanking at cox.net nathanking at cox.net
Mon Aug 27 09:07:58 AKDT 2007

I am planning a trip to Alabama for the BPA meet. I also have an Atlanta that I will bring. Unless you flare to almost critical angle of attack you need ~200 feet of rollout area if the runway is paved. I mixed a touch of "spoileron" into the retract channel and it works wonders. I am in the process of crunching numbers and testing props to see what works best (trading off some speed for increased vertical performance). Whatever I choose it will still be fast, it's just the way the airfoil and fuse were designed.

Have fun!