[NSRCA-discussion] 9650 Free play

Ed White edvwhite at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 24 17:54:19 AKDT 2007

I had 9650's in my Focus 2.  After the first year one side, and one side only developed what I considered to be unacceptable free play (barely noticeable on one side and very noticeable on the other, probably several degrees).  I replaced that servo, and flew the other original servo for and the replaced servo for 2 more years and had no more significant problems with free play.  I still have no idea what happened to that first servo.

That probably doesn't help much.

Ed

colin chariandy <cchariandy at yahoo.ca> wrote: Hi all

  9650s in the stab seems to be the preferred control for many. I got a pair and found that there is a bit of free play not normally noticed on quality servos.

  Is this normal for the 9650? Did I get a bad set?

  Does it impact the precision of the elevator control?

  Colin.