[NSRCA-discussion] [Fwd: Proposal]

seefo at san.rr.com seefo at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 23 12:23:19 AKDT 2007

What exactly is a casual competitor?

I'm being serious here. Someone who doesn't put in the time necessary
to be at their best cannot expect to win contests, and you certainly
cannot change the sport so these people CAN win. Most of us have other
things to do that take up our time. That's life. I can't practice every
day, but at the same time, I don't expect Quique, Andrew, or Jason, or
anyone else to make concessions to me because they can and do put in
the time.

A person who cannot devote the time necessary to be at the top of their
game, should have enough character and intelligence to accept that
fact. At that point they have 3 choices.

1) Compete and HAVE FUN at the level they can currently.
2) Devote more time and energy to the competition and get better.
3) Move on to something else.

People need to remember that competition is, and SHOULD BE unforgiving
of excuses.

-Doug