[NSRCA-discussion] Hyde AR80 now at Central

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 14:41:50 AKDT 2007

hey guys,

Well, once in a while you get into something and then something REALLY good comes of it. This is one of those times in my opinion.

I just spoke with Merle hyde yesterday, and the hyde AR80 mounts are available from Central Hobbies. They aren't listed on the web site, you have to call. I have no idea what the Central price is, but I'm sure it's about in line with the others of the same category.

Just in case you missed it, this is a really soft mount that we tested for the YS DZ160. I make wood planes and I wanted a mount to absorb the vibration of that beast, and not beat my planes to death. I'll say the we achieved that, and after hundreds of flights, everything is still looking like roses!

One of the benefits besides the vibration reduction is noise. This is one of the more quiet mounts available, and when coupled with the soft mounted Hatori muffler and a carb venturi, well, you have to hear it to believe it. If any other plane (even an electric) is running at my field, I can't hear my plane over the poles. The low end hammer is GONE.

One thing to keep in mind is that if it kicks, it is slightly more prone to getting into the chin or something, so make sure you have room to let it move around. A SOLID firewall is a must!!!!

At any rate, this one was so successful (in my eyes at least) that we're going to be testing a few new items over the next few months.

So, if you want one for your plane, it's now officially out of prototype stage =)

-Mike