[NSRCA-discussion] More flexibility in classselection?-->Personal dilemma, what to do next season

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:45:37 AKDT 2007

Doug is correct. By Fred's own account, pasted below, he didn't fly for the
entire year of 2005 after getting upset that the CD at the Temple, TX
contest decided not to judge take offs and landings due to safety issues
(major turbulent winds). And Fred didn't even object at the pilots meeting.

I fly throughout Texas with lots and lots of people that will do anything
they can to help you. We are all willing to do whatever we can to assist and
mentor Fred but he only shows up once a year at his home field contest then
seems to get upset when those that dedicate many many hours to pattern
disagree with him. Personally when I was a pattern newbie I was more
interested in absorbing info from the list than telling experienced people
what they should be doing.

I think in some cases Fred did make some good arguments, but as Doug said
one has to know when to let things go.

If Fred decides to come back and fly I'll be more than happy to help him
out, but it is completely out of line to bad mouth upstanding dedicated guys
like Glen and Arch. Respect goes both ways and neither Glen or Arch said
anything negative to Fred.

Keith Black