[NSRCA-discussion] More flexibility in classselection?-->Personal dilemma, what to do next season

Doug Cronkhite seefo at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 16 19:44:56 AKDT 2007

John Gayer wrote:
> To All
>
> If there hadn't so much time wasted on the "sandbagging in masters"
> issue and a bit more time spent looking at the ideas Fred was
> presenting, we might still have a member of NSRCA and the Pattern
> community and some food for thought as well. Here are a few of his
> recent posts. He clearly cares(cared) about the direction the NSRCA is
> headed. You don't have to agree with his ideas but none of the posters
> seem to be able to get over what was perceived as a personal attack on
> one of your own. Fred's ideas deserved reasoned consideration, not
> heaping portions of scorn.
> On the sandbagging issue, all Fred did was point out the
> inconsistencies in Arch's reply to me, as did I. He did not focus on
> it and spent most of his posts presenting ideas that should be
> carefully considered.
>
> John Gayer
> NSRCA 632
> AMA 75102
> First Radio/Uncontrolled flight 1957
> Official member AARP

Unfortunately John, I'm not sure there was any way for Fred to not be
upset. His ideas DID receive consideration by people here, and people
disagreed with him. The difference is people became annoyed when Fred
continually pushed his opinions in the face of people's disagreement. At
some point, you have to accept that your ideas are not accepted or
agreed with and move on. Fred didn't seem able to do this, and that's
when things got ugly.

It's my opinion (which of course can be wrong, just ask my wife), but
somehow I doubt Fred was going to let the topic go and just agree to
disagree. This was unfortunately what I perceive to be the only ending
to this.

As I said.. my perception of things.

-Doug