[NSRCA-discussion] Moving Along, Next Question on Masters

twtaylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Thu Aug 16 08:05:07 AKDT 2007

  _____

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Bob Richards
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:28 AM
To: NSRCA Mailing List
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Moving Along, Next Question on Masters

Tim,

My personal opinion, FWIW, is that Masters should be easier than FAI, but
not by much. Part of that is that Masters has only one schedule, where FAI
has P and F schedules.

I agree with easier, just not the "Not by much"

If someone hangs around long enough in Masters to get bored, they can move
up.

Agreed

Speaking of boredom, if that is a real concern, we could always implement
unknown sequences at each contest. (grinning and ducking).

 Oh Boy I kind of like that idea.

I also like the idea of the graduated advancement between classes, ie: Basic
= 50pts, intermediate = 100pts, advanced = 150pts, etc.

I agree on the graduated advancement.  Right now I think we're working the
current Masters schedule to be a"Bit less than FAI". I'm not sure I agree
with this approach I do agree with the approach of making the transition
from int through to masters flow better. Problem is someone gets their
feelings hurt either way.

Bob R.

twtaylor <twtaylor at ftc-i.net> wrote:

If we "dumb down" Masters to make the jump from Advance to Masters flow
better on the skills set required then we might very well bore those that
have been in masters for awhile. If we don't do we relegate those moving up
to Masters several years of practice to get competitive? Maybe this is the
answer, make the jump so hard it takes awhile to learn the skill set, or it
just could be a dropping out point fliers won't bother to try to go beyond.
Yeah I know, "If it was easy even a cavemen could do it"  :-)