[NSRCA-discussion] Moving Along, Next Question on Masters

twtaylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Thu Aug 16 06:52:40 AKDT 2007

Morning Gentlemen

After reading many responses and having some private chats with those I
respect their opinions highly I've changed my mind on Masters having to move
up. I no longer think so.

  This now creates a few new questions in my mind.

1.	Are we to keep Masters at a level slightly less than FAI so we can
keep those happy that are "Parked" there?

2.	Do we make Masters a proper (Building) stepping stone between
Advance and FAI?

Right now I believe the fellows that designed the Advance schedule did a
wonderful job bridging the gap between Int and Advance.

I think the jump from Advance to Masters is a bit big. Barring adding a
classes between Masters/Advance, which I don't think anyone wants, how do we
do both?

If we "dumb down" Masters to make the jump from Advance to Masters flow
better on the skills set required then we might very well bore those that
have been in masters for awhile. If we don't do we relegate those moving up
to Masters several years of practice to get competitive? Maybe this is the
answer, make the jump so hard it takes awhile to learn the skill set, or it
just could be a dropping out point fliers won't bother to try to go beyond.
Yeah I know, "If it was easy even a cavemen could do it"  :-)

Opinions?

Pros/Cons

Tim