[NSRCA-discussion] More flexibility in class selection?

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 18:54:47 AKDT 2007

Geesh Fred,

I'm sensing a little anger here...

If a pilot states he chooses to stay in the top level of an AMA event until
he gives himself every opportunity to win the national championship, which
he has every right to do, why are you attempting to belittle that decision?

Your statement of  "Sorry... the world does not owe anyone any particular
trophy.", seems a little off base.  Who said the world owed him a particular
trophy?  I believe what Archie plans on doing is "EARNING a particular
trophy", not that he's owed one.

You also quoted Matt saying,"You say he's second best... maybe that's the
best he ever gets."  Maybe that's true, but he'll never know until he works
his arse off to be first, now will he?

Your last quote about the Special Olympics is cute, however, it doesn't fit
the circumstances.  No one is looking for any special treatment, just the
opportunity to "play within the rules" without being belittled, is that too
much to ask?

To have you make a statement that,"Most would be damn glad to be called
second best in this sport..."is a little presumptuous, don't you think?
Most of the pilot's that I know, that have acquired second place, would
still strive for first.  It's part of being a competative pilot.  I know I
will never be at that level, but if my skills and my ability to maintain
concentration were at that level, you bet your sweet arse I'd go for it!!

Like I said before, c'mon out and fly with me sometime, I'm sure we could
have a good time.:-)

Ken