[NSRCA-discussion] What is (should be) NSRCA's real goal? (The way I see it)

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Wed Aug 15 18:31:36 AKDT 2007

There should be 2 primary goals

Promotion of Pattern as a competitive event

Preparation of pilots for international competition.

In a nutshell...
Build the team for the F3A World championship.

You can't have a teem without competitors... so we have to attract people to participate.

You can't prepare the team for the international event if you don't work to teach the rules of... and skills needed for... the event.

************

Its nice that it can serve also to aid people to GREATLY enhance their flying skill from just casual participation.
But thats not the purpose.

Sportsman is the dirt track go-cart racers.  5 laps and hope you don't break your neck.

Intermediate is low end hobby-stock.  Got a real 8-cyl.. 10 laps and try to keep the shiney side up.

Advanced is pro-stock dirt track.  20 to 40 laps... need an engine that you actually worked on after pulling it from the wreck at the junk yard.

Masters is the Saturday Afternoon 100 to 200 mile racers... WE'RE ON PAVEMENT!

FAI is NASCAR... Dale Jr... I'm blowing your doors off.

F3A World team championship is the Daytona 500 and Nextel cup all rolled into one.

(OK, I probably could have come up with better racing analogies... But thats as much as I know about racing :p )