[NSRCA-discussion] More flexibility in class selection?

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 11:10:43 AKDT 2007

how about changing the AMA advancemant rule and keep it very simple?
Your first contest of the year will determine your class for the year.
You may go up one class at any time during the year but may not go back
down during the year. At the start of the next year you may drop back
one class at your option, stay where you are or go up a class.
This is simple enough that your fellow competitiors will know if you are
following the rules. It will also be up to your fellow competitiors to
insure that you are not sandbagging.
I also feel strongly that sandbagging in Masters should not be allowed.
If you disregard Sportsman, then half of the classes allow parking.
Obviously, F3A has to be a parking lot but I see no reason to allow this
behavior in Masters. As a competant advanced pilot of somewhat advanced
years, I have very little interest in moving to Masters in order to
spend the rest of my pattern years trying to break 900 against the parkers.
I fail to see the logic in having two destination classes. Shouldn't we
all aspire to progress to FAI? The current Masters schedule is designed
as a stepping stone to Masters. Let's use it that way.

John Gayer
NSRCA 632