[NSRCA-discussion] More flexibility in class selection?

Joe Lachowski jlachow at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:22:36 AKDT 2007

Here is another idea.

 Say you move up  to Masters from Advanced and over a three year period you never place in the top three on the local level.   After that period you should have the option to move back down to Advanced. This would be a one time once in a lifetime option. If there are only 3 pilots,  contest results would not count. There may be a loop hole here but I'm not sure<g>

You should also have the option to move down if you have not been active for three years running. The same can apply for moving from Advanced back down to Intermediate. We pretty much already have this option since you can petition the AMA to do such I believe.

From: BUDDYonRC at aol.comDate: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:06:31 -0400To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] More flexibility in class selection?

There was a proposal on the last rules cycle that would allow a person to move up and test his ability then move back if he had not attained the skills required for the higher class.  I personally think it is a good idea and I also see no need for the point system like someone said if someone abuses the privilege we can solicit Earl and four other guys his size to take him behind the barn and splain to him why he will be moving up. I believe peer pressure is all the control we need.
I think this is worth a try.
For those who have the ability and desire to achieve a spot at the top I don't see that we have a problem.
Buddy