[NSRCA-discussion] StirringuptheMasters2009Sequencediscussionagain...

Archie Stafford rcpattern at stx.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 08:33:20 AKDT 2007

I don't think you can base it on raw scores.  There are different judging
criteria around the country.  Right or wrong, it's a fact.  I've flown in
several districts this year and the scores haven't even been close; and from
round to round at the NATS the raws in some cases weren't close.  I had 2
rounds with exactly the same raw score, but for the most part they
fluctuated greatly.  We are still humans in a chair.  I think in the end,
the scores come out correctly, but you as long as we use people to judge,
perceptions are going to be different, which really doesn't matter as long
as they are on the same scale with everyone and I think 99% of the judges
out there are.  I think a point system that takes into account limited
contests is a much better way to do it, similar to a district championship.
A guy can finish 3 or 4th in a class and hit 12 contests and be forced to
move up, whereas a guy wins 3 contests can come back the following year.

Arch

  _____