[NSRCA-discussion] Stirring up the Masters 2009Sequencediscussionagain...

White, Chris chris at ssd.fsi.com
Tue Aug 14 04:58:02 AKDT 2007

Hi Guys,
I was one of the persons involved in the advanced sequence committee.
The original perceived problem with that sequence was that it was too
large a jump from Intermediate.  I loved flying the old Advanced
sequence (lots of outside stuff) and it flowed beautifully.

A problem I see with the way we did the sequences was perhaps that they
were being decided simultaneously....  We had some very knowledgeable
people on the committee with a lot of variance in age & experience. I
believe we attained the desired results with the goals that were set at
the time. It would have helped to know what the current Masters sequence
was going to be, which of course was impossible.  Everyone's skill level
is different and people have different issues with different maneuvers.
I believe there should be a significant jump in skill requirements from
one sequence to another. Masters is a class which is filled with enough
experienced and talented enthusiasts who wish to receive results that it
is a real accomplishment to finish toward the top.

Pattern for me is the desire to improve my flying...I have learned from
everyone with whom I've flown.  It is rewarding whether I finish first
or last....always has been.

There is always room for improvement and the guys who believe in a cause
enough to express their concerns should, and are encouraged, to get
active in the next cycle change

Best Regards....
Chris White
(Masters )