[NSRCA-discussion] Which new 2009 Masters sequence?

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 20:46:31 AKDT 2007

The thread on advancement path through FAI has been very interesting, however, when I started the thread the intent was to discuss which of the two proposed 2009 Masters sequences we should fly in 2009.

Therefore, I'm going to try again with a more focused topic. As a reminder I'll past my pertinent comments below:

A while back Derek asked the membership if they wanted to stick with the 2009 Masters sequence that was proposed in 2005 or change to a newly designed sequence that addresses concerns some people had regarding the sequence.

My first observation is that six of the eleven centered maneuvers are the same so much of the content of the patterns are identical. My second observation is that each sequence has maneuvers I think would be more "fun" or "challenging" than the other. I'd say there are three maneuvers in the 2005 proposed sequence that I'd miss if we went with the newly proposed schedule and six maneuvers in the new schedule that I'd miss if we went with the original 2005 proposed schedule.

I will have no complaints flying either schedule, but if I were to choose between the two I'd select the newly proposed schedule; not to placate those that object to the 2005 proposed schedule because I feel there's nothing wrong with it; but because I think the newly proposed schedule is more interesting.

Keith Black