[NSRCA-discussion] Stirring up the Masters2009Sequencediscussionagain...

Michael Wickizer mwickizer at msn.com
Mon Aug 13 11:36:39 AKDT 2007

Sportsman is the introductory class designed to let first time competitors
try pattern on for size, rules are more relaxed as is the judging. The
Intermediate class is the first real pattern class as evidenced by what is
offered at the NATS.  The Intermediate class could well be called Novice as
it once was, and does not require a great deal more skill, no snaps, no
spins, only basic geometry.

Anybody beating 8 other pilots in Sportsman would be well served by flying
the Intermediate pattern even if for only one contest a year.  Some pattern
pilots have never flown in Sportsman preferring to start in Intermediate.