[NSRCA-discussion] Stirring up the Masters 2009Sequence discussionagain...

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 10:23:27 AKDT 2007

Glen
I agree and also think the advanced schedule was softened to much to be a
stepping stone to masters. The present Advanced pattern was  designed
accommodate the move from Intermediate to Advanced.

The current Advanced schedule will keep the interest up through  Advanced but
may result in loosing pilots unless they are allowed to stay in  Advanced,
which as it is now
Designed is a poor stepping stone to Masters.

A smoother transition upward almost seems like it would require another
class between Advanced and Masters
It seems like we have two types of contestants, all having a true  interest
and dedication to the sport but one group lacks the basic tools  to progress up
the ladder as it is now designed.

My observations indicate that this is one of the reasons we are loosing
members.
People who are competitive will compete as long as there is an attainable
goal when that goal becomes to big a step or they or forced to move to a class
that is above their ability or one that requires more time or equipment than
what is available they move on to something that will more nearly suit their
circumstances and still satisfy their desire to participate and  be
competitive.

We have seen this many times in our own group when people move to FAI and
then move back to masters because of one of the above examples.

Where do those who are located in a lower class go?
My observation as I mentioned before is somewhere else.
 Perhaps it is time to think about this and design some  options that will
maintain the interest of those who fall into that  group and keep them from
moving on.
Buddy