[NSRCA-discussion] Rule 8.1.1/Prefer No Qualification

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 10:30:50 AKDT 2007

Along the lines of FAI.......(stuff from Gray below)...
The 1st two days of F3A at the NATs are "practice"  <G>.
The last stand alone F3A Team Selection was attended by a whopping 13 pilots.....roughly 1/2 of the NATs attendance.
Just a data point.
Regards,
Dave Lockhart

A suggestion.....
Start with the FAI USA team. Why does that selection contest allow whomever wants to show up fly at that contest? Implement a qualification sytem for the USA team selection contest first. The Semi-Pros (not so sure we have 100% "pros" anywhere) in these ranks should love it, because then those top 6 (who are we kidding... it may only be 5 who truly have a chance) nationwide flyers going for those 3 spots do not have to sit thru 3 days of wannabe FAI schmoes.

I cannot imagine that a qualification system would do anything but hurt NATS attendence. I do not understand the point of it at all. The NAT is not overloaded.  I agree that it is not bad to discuss anything, but if you really think this is a #1 priority topic (I have not seen any others tossed out there), then I think it shows your personal disconnect with the AMA pattern community,402,403,404.

< FONT face=sans-serif size=2>Signed,

Peace, Love and Smarter Missiles.........

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apetures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering