[NSRCA-discussion] Roaming Nats.

jonlowe at aol.com jonlowe at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 11:40:28 AKDT 2007

You have to remember that Muncie bid on having AMA locate there, and
that the AMA got incentives and help from the city to locate there,
based on the business that AMA would help bring in.  From what I saw
last year, Muncie is hardly what I'd call "fat" from AMA.

Putting on the Nats is a huge committment.  Many of the contestants
don't see the significant numbers of volunteer workers and permanent
staff who stay in Muncie, not only for the pattern Nats, but for the
whole range free flight, control line, etc.  If we move the Nats, we
lose that infrastructure.  I'm not saying don't do it, just realize
what you will have to deal with.  You also have to have people put
together bids and others to evaluate them a couple of years in advance,
have people do site visits, etc, etc.  You are talking about a least a
year of planning and execution for whatever group elects to put it on.
My guess, it would take an NSRCA District to put this together.  Local
clubs are unlikely to be interested in taking this on.

Jon