[NSRCA-discussion] Moving pickup floor

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 12:45:41 AKDT 2007

Pat and Ken WOW methods of genious.  I didn't even think about that.
  Mathew, Home Depot and Sutherlands have already fallen on their faces telling me to go elsewhere.
  thanx guys.
  think that is the ticket.
  ed

Ken Thompson <mrandmrst at comcast.net> wrote:
          Ed,

  I had thought of something like this back when I used to drive a pickup.  The idea I was going to use was 2x4's down both sides with 8' lengths of garage door track bolted to them.  You could use 4 garage door roller assemblies bolted to your "strengthened" sheet of 3/4" ply.  Utilize a stop to keep it from coming out too far and also 2 legs that swing down for additional support.

  I have no idea what kind of lengths of track are available, as I said, I never went past the planning stage.

  I'm sure there are a ton of good ideas out there.

  Good luck,

  Ken