[NSRCA-discussion] TP 5300s

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Wed Apr 18 09:58:43 AKDT 2007

I have around 550 flts on four sets. 202 flts on oldest set. Using Astro 109s, and 90% of the time, for convenience, charging in parallel in the shop @ 8a. If in a hurry will charge packs individually @ 8a each. OK to parallel if pack difference less than 0.1v. I never measure.

There are only two things that will damage cells:
                                  1. excess heat
                                  2.physical damage

Inadequate cooling ( hot spots ) cause imbalances and need correcting before next flight.

Not reccommended, but you can pull 100% capacity without cell damage. Pulling 70 to 90% on a regular basis is ok.
 I am not seeing any depletion on the oldest two packs.                       Nat