[NSRCA-discussion] Paint

k6xyz k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 12 09:06:52 AKDT 2007

Correct, Concept is DCC.

I just went through this with the local PPG dealer and they say not to use
DU5 and DU6, use DCX61 activator with DCC (colors) and DCC 2002 clear coat.

So for Concept (DCC) use..

DCX61 activator.

DCU 2002 clear with DCX61 activator.

DT 885 reducer (pick your temperature)

See your local PPG dealer and ask for the product info sheets.

The above is what they are recommending to use with their latest products.

There are some variations but they are subtle and really only will apply to
automotive use.

They will match the DCC to UK or MK colors.

Use Klasskoat primer instead of the PPG primer.

KK works much better and is white, not grey.

I'm not fully understanding the rest of your post about basecoat/clear coat
but I can say that I have used it..it peels off if fuel or oil gets under
it.

And it will.

However; if you want to paint your model in one day use BC/CC..can't do that
with Concept.

But, Concept is bullet proof and works really easy; it just takes more time
to do.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586