[NSRCA-discussion] APPARENT GEOMETRY (PARALLAXED VIEW)

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Mon Apr 9 20:42:03 AKDT 2007

Distance in/out has no effect on parallax.  Its the angle relative to the viewed line.

The judges and pilots will have the same parallax to deal with if the pilot flys a 30 inch model at 85 yards away as they will with a 60 inch model at 170 yards.  You might be hard pressed to tell plane which is which on film...  Thats why 1/4 and 1/2 scale models get used for making movies.  The camera can remove perspective clues that indicate distance and scale.