[NSRCA-discussion] sportsman sequence

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 17:32:35 AKDT 2007

hey guys,

For what it's worth, GMA is shaping up to be a "Southern Nats", if everyone who says they're coming actually does it. If it's at all possible, make the drive! We have a fabulous field, and plenty of hospitality to go around! Looks like we have some truly world class pilots planning to attend, so it may be worth the drive just to see the level of flying these guys are capable of. But beware, judging by Ocala, the lower 3 classes is where all of the action is!! I'm really happy to see pattern actively growing again!!!

Mike, if you can be there Friday afternoon, we'll have a sort of informal "this is how you do it" seminar. You won't have to do this cold. I know how it is at your first contest if you've never flown in one. I was there not too long ago myself. You're not sure how to call stuff, what the proper proceedures are, you're not entirely sure how to "call" your manuevers and whatnot....hey, in my first contest, I was the very first guy to fly, so I couldn't even watch closely...I just went cold. That was the most intense, yet one of the most FUN flights of my life!!! Once you get that first one over with, all of the rest are no different....you just hopefully keep doing it better =)

I'm always around if you need anything, just give me a yell.

-Mike

PS Glad to hear you're still coming down John!