[NSRCA-discussion] K-Factor Maneuver description and judging

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:57:56 AKDT 2007

Vince, Fred -
The pilot can vary any of the elements of the maneuver and get lots of different effects.
Start higher and the lines can be longer.  -
Start the maneuver (push 45)  and the crossover point will be sooner than if you push closer to center.
the radius of the bottom 3/4 loop (and therefore the size of the loop and the size left for your 45 lines) should match the radius of your initial push.

By varying start altitude, start location relative to center, and loop segment radius you can get many different 'looks' for this maneuver, and many different positions for a properly centered 1/2 roll on properly angled 45 down and up lines.
for really long 45's, start very high, very early, with very small loop segment radii... probly wouldn't look too great, and might stress the airframe a bit depending on speed and radius of that bottom loop... :)

And you're right- the ground does present a hard limit on all of the above...

rom: fhhuber at clearwire.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:32:56 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] K-Factor Maneuver description and judging

you are correct.  The rolls would have to be VERY FAST to have any definable straight segment before and after if the centered in the 45 line roll is below the crosspoint.

Exagerated 45's gives time to positively establish the 45 segment, roll, then have an equal straight segment.  Roll comes out above the crossover that way.

Start HIGH, push early... no downgrade. (but watch out for trees.... because they'll downgrade your day)

I haven't read the sequence to see where the reverse golfball is... but I assume it starts after a maneuver that ends at top of box.  If thats true and you use a relatively tight radius, you could have a LONG "V" above the crossover.