[NSRCA-discussion] Getting covering off cleanly (was list test)

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Sun Apr 1 21:57:53 AKDT 2007

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 09:29:50 -0500
"Scott Anderson" <scott at rcfoamy.com> wrote:

> Is the list that quiet?
>
> Scott

I've found that the best way to peel heat shrink film off a balsa
structure is to heat it gently with covering heat gun while gradually
peeling the covering off.  Peeling it without heating can leave large
splotches of color/adhesive behind.  To clean off any of the
aforementioned splotches, just wind some packing tape around your hand
as if you were trying to remove lint from clothing then heat the
splotch, rub the tape onto it and gently lift it off.

I've also found that a message to the list with a little content also
makes a pretty good "is the list working?" test.

:)

--
Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com