[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140Rx pump question

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Mon Sep 25 18:31:02 AKDT 2006

[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140Rx pump questionJohn,
OS doesn't want you to touch it, but if you do it works like this: screw it out to decrease pump pressure.  There is a range of adjustment that you can do without damaging the pump.  However before trying this, inspect the breather hole in the center of the pump screw.  Even a fragment of dirt will totally screw the pump operation.  If you have to reduce the pressure, don't sweat it.  You are out of warranty.  Just do it.  I suggest 1/2 turn.  If the change is minimal, try again.  YOu should have +- 1.5 turns from the factory setting.

Remember that good ground running can be had with too little pump pressure, so be very careful to listent to the engine on uplines in your test flight.  Let me know.
Good Luck.
--Lance