[NSRCA-discussion] D-4 Championships

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Mon Sep 25 03:01:59 AKDT 2006

Ditto to all that was already said, and I'd like to add one more thing.
We flew in some serious crosswind on Saturday, causing some interesting
flights and landings, to say the least.
My final landing for the day removed my gear from my El Nino, I was sure the
contest was over for me.  Bob Pannell came over and took a look saying, "I
can have that fixed for you tonight, Ken."  We loaded it into the back of
his van and even after the late festivities of Saturday night, Bob, with the
help of Mark Atwood, replaced my gear plate and glued and glassed a 12"
linear break in my fuse.

Now that's what I call service above and beyond, I can't thank Bob and Mark
enough, I owe them big time.

Thanks again for all everybody did to make this the top contest of the year,
once again.

Ken Thompson