[NSRCA-discussion] Brio RX setup

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 22 04:48:29 AKDT 2006

The Mac's headers work fine and are easily available. I can't remember what
rise but they only make two.  Just get the bigger and you should have plenty
of room. Replace the bolts for the header since the ones that come with the
header are a little short and are prone to stripping the threads.

  When you get the engine replace the bearing with a SS one. It will just
save you a time later. I pay up and buy the EFI bearing from Tower since I
have never had luck with bearing house "equivalents". Also, order and extra
drive washer key way and spacer from Tower these parts are just too easily
lost. Replace the o -ring under the carb with a thicker one from the
hardware store.

  I have used both pipes and the Aeroslave just fits but works fine. If you
go with the ES get the short one. I think it is the 2c140s9.

  Make installing your elevator setup your last step. Both of mine were VERY
tail heavy with an RX even after replacing the rudder on #2.

  Glad to hear yours is straight. Hope your stab socket was glued in
correctly. Check your wing adjusters to make sure you get the correct
incidence without maxing them out. Wish I could go an extra half turn on
mine.

Reinforce your landing gear mount as shown on RCU. Mine was so loose when I
opened the box I had to remove it and re-glue. As luck would have it, it
came loose on Sunday sidelining me again.

  Check to make sure your floor is glued in and the nomex is continuous. My
first one had so many holes I added a layer of glass to prevent the Nomex
from becoming fuel soaked. It might be worth glassing the joints of the
floor w/ some 1/2 ounce glass and thinned finishing resin at least closest
to the engine.

If you are an not an NSRCA member join and check out some of Rick Wallace's
(D1 AVP)  columns from earlier in the year as he published a lot of our
experiences assembling Brio's w/ RX's.

Good Luck

Anthony