[NSRCA-discussion] cost of electric - now engine choice

Kelly Regan kelly.regan2 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 20 05:38:25 AKDT 2006

Thank you all for the great info on electric power.

I think the learning curve will be steep enough without
adding another dimension (electric) into the mix.

Now for my engine choice.....

I am somewhat familiar with gas engines. Started with a 28%
50cc and I have now have moved up to a 35% 100cc class
plane.

I would really like to use the new ZDZ 40 gas engine but it
is not available yet.  I am also concerned about the firewall in
the Brio.  The firewall is cross grain balsa with carbon fiber
laminated on both sides.  I have no idea if it would hold up
with a gas engine.   Weight is also a concern but until the
engine specs are released I have no idea how much it will
weigh.

My next choice, and certainly easier to deal with since information
is so widely available,  would be a OS 140RX or a OS 160FX
with a pump.

I have already priced out a complete package for the 160
with a KM header, Aeroslave pipe, with a Bud or Hyde
mount.

I will be flying in sportsman, but I would rather spend
a little more now to get a high performace system then have
to start over with a new engine later on if I advance to the
Master's. ;)

What are your thought's on this?

Thank you for the help.

--