[NSRCA-discussion] Local FAI a little different approach

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 06:20:06 AKDT 2006

I have a couple of questions . . . . .

FAI pilots would choose which schedule (P07 or F07)
they would fly. Would they have to fly the same
schedule each round or could the switch for different
rounds?

And some observations . . . .

F07 has 19 manuevers and a total K Factor of 68, P07
has 23 manuevers and a total K-Factor of 72, so
normalizing them together is not possible. You could
use a percent of the possible total to compare the
scores (I think IMAC does this to select top score
from different classes). Judging would be a challenge
and scoring would have to be done manually unless
somebody whips up a spreadsheet to do this (and test
it) in a hurry.

I would leave this up to the discretion of the CD.

--- Steven Maxwell <patternrules at earthlink.net> wrote:

>  As one that still hasn't been able to do a S
> maneuver that looks anything like a precision
> maneuver, and still feels the rollers are a IMAC
> maneuver, I know maybe I shouldn't be flying FAI,
> LOL but after practicing FAI for 4 years and
> competing for 2 years in this class I really like
> how far it has brought me, much farther than if I
> was still flying advanced which I'm still legal to
> fly. I understand that many want to fly the F
> schedule at local contest, and then there are others
> that just want to fly the P schedule, yes I'm not
> the only one, so for discussion here goes, and to
> try and make up my mind which class I want to fly
> next year probably either FAI or Masters.
>  Most FAI flyers have plenty of trophies from local
> contest, and what I'm bringing up is to just have
> the normal 3 trophies for FAI  (LOCAL CONTEST ONLY
> AND NO ADDED EXPENSE FOR CD) but offer at pilots
> choice flying the P or F schedule normalize score
> and award trophies to in same order no matter which
> schedule has been flown. This would have to be
> included in the flyers and sanction before hand.
>   Just looking for some discussion.
>

> Steven Maxwell>

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com