[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba output voltage

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.com
Thu Sep 14 05:19:24 AKDT 2006

I am unsure of the signal lead voltage with any other RX than the 127DF.  I
know those RX's have the signal lead at more than 1 volt below the voltage
the servo motor sees.  I have noted improved servo response, particularly
when using long servo leads when I used the glitch buster circuit before.
As a byproduct of the dual-inversion it boosts the signal  voltage.

I have been told that JR's competing RX's have a higher voltage in the
signal lead... but wasn't told how much higher.

I haven't bothered to test other RX signal line voltages... I have confirmed
the significant drop in the Futaba 127DF.

I have not used the glitch busters with other RX's YET.  I am working on
making the smaller chip version...

I was looking at a problem with my soldering skills and the small chips..
and found a site that has a circut board designer program that will
fabricate the boards. (for a price of course...)

The opto-isolating systems that power the RX from one battery and servos
from another would also give the higher signal line voltage to the servo...
These things are not as good as the opto isolation for preventing feedback
interference...  When Radio Shack carried the chips... they were a cheap,
easy altrnative.

Turning out to be a mess this round. Darn circuit using a 32 cent chip, 7
cent  capacitor and 5 cent resistor... gonna end up costing me about $6 each
(plus the connectors to RX and servo lead) to make.