[NSRCA-discussion] Remember Ed Sweeney?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Sep 13 19:37:44 AKDT 2006

I had a "blast from the past" show up at my little hobby shop door
tonight:  Ed Sweeney, who designed the R/C Nobler in the late 1960s
or early 1970s, in the Washington, DC area and later was the
publisher of R/C Modeler magazine, until it;s demise in 1975.  Some
of you may remember that he competed in Pattern contests in the 1960s
with a prototype Goldberg Skylark 60, which eventually became a Top
Flite kit.  I originally met him in Washington about 1970.

He's temporarily here at Eglin AFB, working on a UAV (unmanned aerial
vehicle) design competition and needed some parts for one of his
autonomous vehicle designs.   What a small world!

Ron Van Putte