[NSRCA-discussion] berg 7 channel Rx

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Sep 13 11:02:37 AKDT 2006

Funny you should mention this, I just bought two of them directly from CC.

  I've had a chance to use one of them. It has worked flawlessly. I installed it in one of my foamies, climbed as high as I could see it, then collapsed the antenna on my transmitter and continued to fly around with it. They say it is a full range receiver, and I tend to agree.

  It has the option of mapping channels, such that you could map the transmitted channel 8 to the channel 5 output on the RX. Great for coupled flap outputs or such. Also, it has a failsafe mode that can be programmed either by using an included jumper, or by connecting it to the USB programmer that is also used with the Phoenix controllers. (Programmer cost about $25).

  The other RX was DOA, I sent it back to CC, they have had it for a couple of weeks now and are going to repair it. (It bugs me just a little that they did not replace it outright since it was DOA and not crash damage.)

  BTW, I found out later that I could have purchased it from www.3dhobbyshop.com cheaper ($51) than I did from CC. I might have been able to send a DOA unit back to them for quick replacement as well.

  Also, there was something in the instructions about this RX not being compatible with Futaba 9Z radios with synthesized modules.

  Bob R.

"White, Chris" <chris at ssd.fsi.com> wrote:
  Hi Mike,
I know some foamie guys are using these and treat them like they are a
standard.....They should be okay.
Chris