[NSRCA-discussion] Trimming question.

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Mon Sep 11 11:06:24 AKDT 2006

Colin,
To me it sounds like whatever degree of positive incidence is in your wing is producing a greater amount of lift in the denser air causing you to trim out the increase with the additional down elevator which, in turn, is causing the belly pitch. We know that you have to have 1G positive to sustain level flight so why wouldn't this be a normal flight reactive condition? Further, if you have your trim step adjustment set at "one", then four beeps is still a very small trim adjustment. Now the thing I'm not sure of is, if the positive incidence is overly exagerated do the resulting corrections become exponential in their effects, but I would expect this to not be the case. If your at a "one increment" trim step programming adjustment, then I think your experiencing a normal reaction, or you can make a New Year's resolution to not fly in the cool weather.
Good Luck,
Georgie