[NSRCA-discussion] Eric Hawkinson - Obituary

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Tue Sep 5 19:32:13 AKDT 2006

      Hawkinson, Eric Paul

      Eric Paul Hawkinson, age 48, of Billings, passed away on Friday, Sept.
1, 2006, at Methodist Hospital in Rochester, Minn., after a courageous
battle with a rare blood disease.
      Eric was born in Billings on July 12, 1958, to Jerry and Lauris
(Collison) Hawkinson. He was raised in Kinsey, where he attended elementary
school and attended high school at Custer County High in Miles City, where
he graduated in 1976. He was married to Sandra Hewitt on Feb. 24, 1979, in
Miles City. On Sept. 7, 1982, they had a daughter, Jennifer Lee Hawkinson.
While in Miles City, Eric spent many years working for Cenex Co-op before
starting up Hawkinson Air Supply, an Ultralight accessories business.
Following the dissolution of his first marriage, he relocated to Billings.
      In the spring of 1986, Eric met his wife and best friend of 20 years,
Ellen (Pinnow) Hawkinson. Being an avid R/C enthusiast, Eric spent some time
working with R/C airplanes for Al Coomber of Central Hobbies before he and
Ellen decided to put everything they had into starting up their own R/C
Helicopter business, Heliproz Inc. With the entrepreneurial skills Eric
possessed, he was able to start from nothing and create the biggest and best
R/C Heli shop on the planet!
      Having been in the R/C industry since 1969, he was extremely
knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the industry and was able to assist and
excite numerous heli pilots all across the world.
      As well as R/C Helicopters and Airplanes, Eric enjoyed spending time
with his wife, daughter and seven weezos (cats). Eric was happiest when he
was either spending time with fellow pilots and friends at the heli field,
barbecuing steaks in the backyard with Ellen, Jennifer and the cats, and, of
course, holidays and special occasions. He will be dearly missed.
      Eric is survived by his wife, Ellen Hawkinson of Billings; one
daughter, Jennifer Hawkinson of Billings; his father, Jerry Hawkinson of
Gettysburg, S.D., and mother Lauris Hawkinson of Spearfish, S.D.; one
brother, Lane Hawkinson and wife Jo of Spearfish; seven loving cats, Ashley,
Lizzee, Lucy, Missy, Katie, Wooly and Gizmo.
      Eric is preceded in death by his older brother, Michael Hawkinson of
Phoenix; and a very special pet and friend, Kelly "Chowdernoogis."
      Memorial services will be held at 10 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 10, at the
Billings Blade Benders Field, located directly behind Heliproz at 1728
Lampman Drive. Entrance to the field is located directly next to Supervalu.
      In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in his memory to either the
"Kelly Fund" at Grand Avenue Animal Hospital located at 2932 Grand Ave., or
to the Last Chance Cat Sanctuary located at 2113 Walter Road.

      Published in the Billings Gazette from 9/5/2006 - 9/6/2006.
      Notice . Guest Book . Flowers . Gift Shop . Charities