[NSRCA-discussion] E Prop Question

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Sep 4 15:35:44 AKDT 2006

On Sep 4, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Park, Ihncheol wrote:

> I just looked up GP and Horizon dealer websites. Lowest pitch on
> 15" dia is
> 7, 16" dia has 8 pitch as lowest available.
> You will probably increase the load on the power system
> considerably by
> moving to 16x8E.
> Watt meter will show something.
> I am not very good at E stuffs, so other E experts should chime in
> here.

Thanks for the input.

I actually had to limit the throttle to keep the power under 700
watts (the motor's limit) when using the 14x8.5E prop.  I have an APC
16x8E prop and will try that in flight after again limiting the
throttle to avoid going over 700 watts.  I expect that the max
throttle RPM for the 16x6E prop will be considerably under that for
the 14x8.5, so the aircraft speed will probably be much lower as well.

Ron Van Putte