[NSRCA-discussion] YS160 Piston problems

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Sun Sep 3 19:16:45 AKDT 2006

In a message dated 9/3/2006 9:19:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
Zoro1024 at aol.com writes:
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a problem with the piston
cracking arounf the wrist pin boss. I now have a second one with this same problem.
 It like the first one was running like gangbusters and gradually started
losing power. On tear down the cracked piston was very evident.  Going to send
this one baxck to YS with the first piston also.  Looks like the larger piston
in the 160 is weak in the center.

Mike H.

Gary Courtney here in Huntsville, AL  just told me tonite that his piston had
done this and he discovered it today.

Jon Lowe