[NSRCA-discussion] A Great Act

Jim Woodward jim.woodward at schroth.com
Mon Oct 23 07:43:47 AKDT 2006

Pattern in not dead in D3!  We had 35 contestants even with some habitual
competitors not being able to attend.  We easily could have been in the 40
range.  Thanks to everyone who attended.  Thanks to Emory for CD'ing,
Melissa H. for contest scoring, and Mike H. for providing the grand-daddy of
all sportsman prises!

Due to some rain and lingering low-ceiling, we simply could not get started
by a reasonable time on Sunday and a vote was taken to call the contest with
no official flights on Sunday, although some practiced below the ceiling to
check it.  Thus, FAI did not get to fly F07.  However, FAI competition was
really good.  Troy Newman won 4 rounds.  2nd and 3rd places were swapping
every round between the other FAI pilots Jim W., Ryan M., Joe W., Cameron S.
and Lamar B.

Thank God we are rid of the Masters sequence, and everyone is looking
forward to flying the new sequences at the Tangerine December 9th and 10th.
District 3 has a very strong FAI field going and it will be a battle to gain
any placing in future contests.  If you dork a single maneuver or get a
string of 7's, someone will else is going to take the round.  We missed Tony
S., Ron E., Jason S., Juan R., Oscar C., Scott A., Mike D., Humberto P.,
Dave S., Mike C., Bill R.,,  to name a few - again - could have easily been
in the 40+ range in attendance.

In Masters class we had John F., Gregg G., and Jim I battling for 1-3rd,
with John and Gregg throwing down Nats-Round-Winning style of flights (don't
move up :-) ).   Advanced was only able to complete 3 rounds with Eric and
Mike battleing it out.  However, Eric took the "subliminal" edge with his
"Dragon-Slayer" shirt on Sunday.  John Lowe took the "iron-man" award with
6800 miles driven this season, not including the Nats and out of district
contests.  John's point have been managed by other fliers and he was assured
that he needed to move up :-) by them.

Thanks to everyone who sponsored the gifts (Morgan Fuels, APC Props, and
Scott A.'s Foamy), everyone appreciates the support.

Jim W.

  _____