[NSRCA-discussion] Granite State Precision Aerobatics Primer -- A success.

John Marien John at ne-aero.com
Sun Oct 15 14:12:44 AKDT 2006

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a quick note about the recent Granite State Precision
Aerobatics Primer that was held yesterday in Hudson New Hampshire.

The weather conditions were great for this time of year 58-degreess, clear
skies, and no wind (when we started) which changed to 15-20 mph cross-runway
wind by the end of round 3.  All competitors had a great time and all
brought their planes home safely.  The 7 pilots competing in the Primer were
well coached and educated by Ed Alt, Rick Wallace, Anthony Romano, and by
coach/competitor John Pavlick.

At the height of the day, we had a total of 45 pilots, coaches, helpers, and
spectators at the field.  The entrance fee for the contest paid for a modest
lunch for the contestants, coaches, and helpers and covered the award
plaques.

The battle for 1st place in Sportsman was a very close competition (just a
couple of points) down to the last flight.  In the end of the day the
standings were:

Sportsman

1.	Bob Perreault
2.	Chris Iorio
3.	Bob Barger
4.	John Lavery
5.	John Hayes

Intermediate

1.	John Pavlick
2.	John Marien

A special award was given out to the "Most Improved" pilot for the day and
that went to John Hayes.

At least one contestant went home to talk to his club about hosting another
Primer in the spring.

Thanks go to the pilots, the coaches who traveled a long way to get here,
the helpers, and to the weather for holding out for the primer.

John Marien, CD