[NSRCA-discussion] Off topic, nothing like a crash to keep us humble

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Oct 11 11:32:01 AKDT 2006

I find this hard to understand. Makes sense with a handle like the old EZ-Just where the cable runs to the rear of the handle and actually makes contact with the palm of your hand, but with the current generation of handles the line and adjuster cable don't even come close to your hand. Even the two long bolts holding the cable boss are like an inch away from your hand. I think I remember that 1/2 inch of air gap is a 10,000 volt insulator. I think if the charge was sufficient to jump a one inch gap you would be quickly converted to R/C ( maybe ashes?).
G.