[NSRCA-discussion] Impressive pattern plane

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 03:04:06 AKDT 2006

 That is really great info Lance. I'm hoping somebody we know does one so I can see how it runs. Mike

Lance Van Nostrand <patterndude at comcast.net> wrote:          I'm sure a lot of you know about the soon to be released ZDZ40 F3A, which will be lighter than their 40 rear exhaust.  I am not an expert and know little,but I've fielded several detailed requests to determine if the large engine will fit inside the large chin cowl of the AeroSlave Symphony.  At about 5" wide where the engine head goes, it appears to be enough for a 2.2" head, even on a soft mount.  With the finished weight of glow and electric Symphonys hovering near 10#, the extra engine weight minus the smaller fuel load seems like it could finish out about 10.5#.

  Please don't take this information the wrong way.  I'm a modeler, competitor like anyone else and I like cool things and this would be cool.

  --Lance