[NSRCA-discussion] Engine problem

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 8 10:24:58 AKDT 2006

Closure for this problem:
It does not appear likely that the glow plug washer cannot seal any misalignment of the threads in the head. The seal is between the plug/washer/head mating.

I took an appropriately sized mill bit in my fingers and cleaned the head surface lightly. This revealed a rough spot on the mating surface of the head. Being leery of removing material from the head I opted to try burnishing the surface. I did this by dropping a 10-32 steel screw in the recess. The threads are small enough to not engage. I spun the screw with light pressure until the surface was nice and shiny. No lubricant or abrasive was used.
The leak around the plug seems to be fixed!

John Ferrell    W8CCW
"My Competition is not my enemy"
http://DixieNC.US