[NSRCA-discussion] Boca bearings for YS, are the Econo ones would do?

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 11:08:05 AKDT 2006

The stock YS bearings are high quality, I would
suggest using them unless there is some reason you
can't get them. I have used Boca bearings to replace
the front bearing on my YS 140's, but found the the
outer race to be slightly smaller than the stock YS
bearing, even though in theory they should be the
same. I made assembling the engine a little trickier
because the crank would push the front bearing out of
the case. In the future I will stick with stock
bearings.

--- Vlad Camaev <vladc at review.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I have to replace bearings in 2 YS (110 and 91), one
> due to rod failure and another just disintegrated
> and put two it's balls into send like pieces.
>
> Boca bearings have 6 types from $12 to $78 for a
> pair.
>
> Are the "RC Engine Econo Power Bearing Kit"
> sufficient in quality?
> Where would stock YS bearings rate? Central hobbies
> would have a pair for about $30.
>
> Thanks,
> Vlad

Bob Kane