[NSRCA-discussion] New maneuver for Masters or FAI

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Oct 3 09:32:17 AKDT 2006

I've seen a 4 point roll with 3/4 rolls, but I don't recall seeing the manuever you describe.

  Bob R.

Gray E Fowler <gfowler at raytheon.com> wrote:

I just went to the Fort Worth airshow and I saw a maneuver that is so cool that some class above me needs to adopt it.
I am going to try to remember how it went.....it is a 4 point roll

from straight flight

3/4 roll right to knife edge (belly of the plane)
5/4 roll left to inverted
3/4 roll right to knife edge (top of the plane)
5/4 roll to upright.

Anyone ever see this and does it have a name. I may have gotten it slightly wrong, as it took me by surprise. It was Frank Ryder and the Oreck vacuum cleaner powered plane-Cyclone.

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radome and Composites Engineering
NSRCA-discussion mailing list