[NSRCA-discussion] Wind correction scoring

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Mon Oct 2 11:46:52 AKDT 2006

In my heart, I agree, but ...
Do you know how long it took us to get the original wording, regarding overly-tight radii and non-survivable "G" levels, out of the rule book?
Would scaled-down people survive greater "G" levels, like ants and cockroaches seem to be able to survive almost anything?
Still it took eons to get rid of that language.
The bear is that the smoothness and gracefulness criteria is more deeply buried in the rules/ Judges' Guide.
When the four basic criteria were ordered in rank of importance, the "positioning is #2 and S&G should be #3" crowd lost the argument! Oh well ...
It's an argument worth having again, but look at how broad the consensus would have to be!
I'm afraid that the best we can do is to educate our judges, then water and rest them often enough that their attention and energy
is sufficient that they don't have to fall back on overall impression, in order to keep up with the unending "next maneuver" assault.

later,
    Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer