[NSRCA-discussion] LiPo Voltage

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Nov 30 17:42:42 AKST 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 7:48 PM, Jerry Stebbins wrote:

> Seems like a valid question to send to the Energizer folks website
> to me.

Good idea Jerry.  I did just that and found that the AA Lithium
nonrechargeable batteries have a Lithiul/Iron Disulfide chemistry and
are listed as 1.5 volts, not the 1.2 volts it says on the package.
What was interesting is that they are rated at just over 3000 mah at
a discharge rate of 25 ma and just under 3000 mah at a 1 amp
discharge rate at room temperature.  What is really surprising is
that they  are rated at about 4300 mah at a discharge rate of 25 ma
and just under 3000 mah at  a 1 amp discharge rate at 0 degrees C and
about 4400 mah at a discharge rate of 25 ma and about 3800 mah at  a
1 amp discharge rate at 21 degrees C.

Go to http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l91.pdf and check it out for
yourself.

Ron Van Putte